I can't wait to try out the new 1.6 goodies, but first I'm retargeting my
existing applications, and I decided to start with Daisy Garden.
Changing to android:targetSdkVersion="4" caused the application to segfault
on startup, after a while I tracked it down to this known issue:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2421

and discovered that the BitmapFactory.decodeResource method now performs
scaling based on screen density. In this case the behaviour is unwanted -
I'm loading a set of masks that are scaled later during composition.

So I've quickly inserted the following method, which seems to perfectly
mimic the previous behaviour:

private Bitmap loadBitmap(int resId) { BitmapFactory.Options options = new
BitmapFactory.Options(); options.inTargetDensity = 1; options.inDensity = 1;
return BitmapFactory.decodeResource(context.getResources(), resId, options);
}

I have two related queries:

Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Is there a way to support android:minSdkVersion="3" without jumping through
the hoop of creating two implementations (for API 3 and API 4) of an "image

Tom.