Hello,

Well finally i found what is happening. And it explains the issues i
was having and also what you said.

I decided to take a look at the OS installer process, and i found the
code that explains it all.

packageinstaller/PackageInstallerActiviity.java (line 293):

        //compute the size of the application. just an estimate
        long size;
        String apkPath = mPackageURI.getPath();
        File apkFile = new File(apkPath);
        //TODO? DEVISE BETTER HEAURISTIC
        size = 4*apkFile.length();
        checkOutOfSpace(size);

As you can see the installer checks to have at least **4** times the
size of the apk we want to install in order to let it go.

I think is a bit to much, and Google engineers must look on improving
this restriction to at least not more than 2,5 times apk size.

regards,

Lucas