Thanks again,
so i went ahead and implemented that and then found out that this:
 public XmlResourceParser getXml(int id) throws NotFoundException {
        return loadXmlResourceParser(id, "xml");
 }

does not find the resource id if the layout is in layout-land (it does find
it if it is in layout though)
any way to work around this?

--
Yaron Spektor