yes you can. use a WebViewClient to deal with clicks on links, invent
some new URL schemes to implement app logic, etc. call back to Java
code using the Javascript interface.

we tried this approach, but gave up on it due to issues with the
WebKit interface and the performance of heavy Javascript on current
hardware. we will probably go back to it when the hardware & software
platform evolves enough.

--
jason.vp.engineering.particle