Thanks for the info. Can't say it's good news (the app has 10K+ active
installs), but I suspected something like this. Android is my first
foray into Java applications (a bit different than Java web
applets) ... the programs work fine, but obviously I'm making some
serious noob-style errors.

I guess I'm off to seek some advice on the AndroidMarket forum.

-K