There is a bug filed for geo fix (not by me but by people who found it
earlier).   I haven't filed one for DDMS until I'm sure I grok how it
works as information still is very sketchy about this stuff and docs
rather terse.

My app calls getLastKnownLocation when it runs once.  It will call it
again if the user selects Recalc.  Now under 1.1 when first run the
emulator it would return what was set with geo fix or a default which I
believe was Google's coordinates.   The DDMS method seems is something
one would use to emulate location updates.  With 1.5 and 1.6  when my
app runs it gets a null back from getLastKnownLocation on the
emulator.   So then I have DDMS send the coordinates to the emulator (as
instructed via the Dev Guide) then select Recalc I would think it would
have the new coordinates but it doesn't and just uses some fixed
coordinates for demo purposes.  Apparently this app is working normally
on phones I would just like to have it working on the emulator so I
could add and test similar functionality in other apps.