Are you running on Windows or Linux?  I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and
Eclipse.  Android acknowledged geo fix was broken in the 1.5 SDK.   I am
using geo fix to get the longitude and latitude only and not with Google
Maps.  Everything is set in the manifest correctly too.   I have a 20%
installed base which is about 600 users so I doubt if they would keep it
around if it wasn't working.

I don't know anything about a rounding bug as I round anyway for use
down to degrees and minutes.  One would think that DDMS would work when
I have the app recalculate after sending coordinates manually.