If you're looking to interact with the built-in Contacts or MediaStore
databases, you should interact through the ContentProvider abstraction
layer.  The underlying database schema can change, but these public
APIs will continue working across releases:

http://d.android.com/guide/topics/providers/content-providers.html

http://d.android.com/reference/android/provider/ContactsContract.html
http://d.android.com/reference/android/provider/MediaStore.html

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:42 PM, PJ <pjbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there isn't any documentation, you could always get the schema
> directly from the source.
>
> Read the section "Examining sqlite3 Databases from a Remote Shell"
> from the Dev Guide:
> http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html#sqlite
>
> This describes how to view databases for an application, but this
> technique also works for examining the system's databases, too.
> You just need to know where they are, e.g. try: # sqlite3 /data/system/
> accounts.db
>
> Hope this helps!
> -- PJ
>

> On Nov 1, 9:30 pm, richard <xiaofeng.richardwei2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>      I want to build my own cloned databases of all or some of the
>> Android native databases like Contacts, Calllogs, Mediastore,
>> Settings, etc.  I want to know wheher it is possible and How I can
>> know the database schemas of these databases?  Is there any
>> documentation on this?
>>
>>      Thank you very much.
>>
>> regards
>> Xiaofeng