Our company starts today anti-piracy initiative against piracy that
already happened on Android Market. We request all vendors and
developers to support this initiative.

Piracy become a threat for vendors that publishing application on
Android Market! It is not a joke, it is a real threat.

Our last application publishing shows how bad is situation on the
Android Market. Only 20% of all installs are legal, other 80% are in
piracy hands.

Google does not provide any actions to stop piracy, so we as a vendor
that provide software for Android Market, have to think about
protection measures. Piracy is threat that cannot be target easily and
eliminated in one day. Only join of all vendors can help in anti-
piracy.

ArtfulBits company decide to start from today "Android Anti-piracy
Movement" with main goal: "protect vendors and punish piracy".

Our next steps are:
- Petition to Google with request to provide better anti-piracy
protocols for Android Market;
- Collective anti-Google charge, from side of vendors that loose money
due to Google "security holes" in Android Market application
distribution channel;
- Public web service "Black List", that helps all developer to check
is there application installed on pirate phone;
- Joining of the software vendors over that problem for finding better
anti-piracy strategies;
- Identification of the roots of piracy, that make possible Android
Market software leaking and contribution them to justice.

A little later today we will open "black-list" database of devices,
where was installed stolen version of applications. In addition, we
will provide "easy code" for all developers that can be integrated
into own application and during first start, check is phone in "black
list" or not.

Opened Anti-Piracy forum thread: http://www.artfulbits.com/Support
Petition can be signed here: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/androidpiracy

Stay tuned! Thanks.