For well over 1 month now my ADP G1 has been experiencing connectivity
issues in China. Both the market place and gmail are affected by this
problem (actually anything requiring account authorization from what i
can tell) during which time they are both unaccessible. On average the
blocking is in effect 90% of the time but at random periods during the
day/night will start to work again.

I have ruled out any issues with my phone and judging by the number of
other users that are experiencing this problem it seems fairly
widespread.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is Google aware of this problem?
2. What is the reason for the blocking?
3. Will it continue in the long term?

I am really hoping to get an official statement on what is really
going on.
I would prefer if people didn't jump in and start suggesting VPN
options, whilst I am familiar with some workarounds, I would prefer to
understand the root of the problem and how it will effect Android in
the long term in China.

Thank you!