As you mentioned siuying, its the sync services that are getting
blocked. westmeadboy, that is why everything else works fine, but if
you need to collect gmail or download a market app or sign in to your
account again, its not going to work.

Whilst I am opposed to China blocking facebook, twitter and anything
politically sensitive, I understand their opposition to it but what is
the logic of blocking Android.
What I am also trying to understand is WHY and if this is going to be
an ongoing issue or something that Google is working on resolving with
the government here so that users can at least have a phone that
works, even if lets say market apps are censored.

Can anyone from the official Android team or Google shed some light on
this subject. I appreciate more people in China posting their
experience of this problem but more importantly I want the above
questions answered.

Thanks!