Let's say in my example I am working with SurfaceView for my
CameraSurfaceView.  I have a few questions, hope you can help me.

1.  When this SurfaceView gets created (I assume via
final CameraSurfaceView cameraView = new CameraSurfaceView
(getApplicationContext()), this will result in a call createSurface()
in SurfaceFlinger with format, width and height.  Am I correct?

Is this SurfaceView also my UI window if I want to draw anything?  I
thought if I call setType(PUSH_BUFFER) on this surface, I won't be
able to do any drawing on this surface.  Can someone please help me to
understand this?

2.  How does the application pass these information like format, width
and height to SurfaceFlinger for the allocation?  Is it by
using .setFormat, .setFixedSize?

3.  How do they methods .setFormat, .setFixedSize related to the
surfaceHolder.surfaceChanged() callback?