That is a horrible attitude though it does, maybe, explain why so many
market applications are of such poor quality.

There is no doubting that the iphone UI and usability standards are
leagues above the barely existent android guidelines. Why turn your
back on something that is so undeniably successful and attempt to
better it blindly? I don't think it's stepping out on much of a limb
to bet that apple's R&D and usability spending far exceeds your own.

Emulating the best of others while improving where they fail is a good
recipe for success, not sticking with some ridiculous notion of
"pride." If you have better solutions (that truly are better), use
them as arguments for change, but otherwise keep  self-destructive
attitudes to yourself.

--
Jarrod