I am trying to space updates around once a week but since I'm in beta I do
update major issues right away.  Hopefully the people that are using the
game are not getting annoyed and understand that frequent updates will be
the norm for awhile.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM, dadical <keyes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I update at the rate that my users demand.  Less frequently, actually,
> for the reasons that you mention.  It's an interesting balance to
> strike.  I'm rated very high by users for my quick turn around on
> defect fixes and feature requests, but unless I have a serious issue
> to deal with I try to space releases at least 7-10 days apart.
>
> I would say that a satisfaction rating of 4.5 with 100s of ratings
> speaks in favor of my approach, but I'd be interested in hearing other
> opinions.
>
> On Dec 23, 9:35 am, Michael <mbea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not directing this just to you but your post reminded me of
> > something.  Although the ability to update often is there (especially
> > when compared to the iphone system) please don't abuse it.  I'm seeing
> > articles/blogs/etc complaining about the annoyance of constant update
> > requests from apps.  Especially when each update has to be accepted
> > one by one.  I personally am starting to update less and less often
> > because it's just plain annoying to update an app and then 5 days
> > later here it comes again.... multiply that by 10, 20 or 100 apps and
> > users will be more and more inclined to be running old versions of
> > your software.
> >
> > On Dec 22, 5:55 pm, dadical <keyes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I've released lots of updates over the past few months,
> > > averaging about one/week, and have never seen this happen.

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Join the Closed Beta of Call Girl Manager
http://www.fuligin.com/forums