Apparently this is a common issue with Windows 7 and eclipse plugins.
Eclipse does not like having more than one plug in at a time on
Windows 7.  Doing so may or may not work depending on how astrological
constellations align with the mating cycle of the Australian Gypsy
Moth.  The solution is to log in as admin and blow away C:\Users\admin
\.eclipse directory.  Eclipse will recreate it when you restart it.
You then have to re-enter the plug-in url for android and update it.
This time android will be the only plug in.  Not even the ones that
came with Eclipse will be there.  This fixed it for me.