On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Mirmathrax <mirmath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 4) Finger 1 goes back down at location X, Y
>     X = X2
>     Y = Y2
>     action = ACTION_POINTER_DOWN
>     ptrID = 0
>     ptrIndex = 0
>     numEvents = 2
>
> ****** Here is the first problem:   The X and Y coordinates returned
> are incorrect, they are the coordinates for the other finger (finger
> 2).  When finger 1 was removed, finger 2's data moved to the 0 index,
> but it still retained ID 1.  When finger 1 went back down, it
> correctly was identified as ID 0, but instead of adding a new index
> for finger 1 data, it just returns index 0, which is finger 2's
> data!

You are only listing one coordinate for this event, but in fact there are
two for both fingers.  It is really hard to understand what you are seeing
when you are not showing all of the data in the event.

> 5) Lift Finger 1 back up again from location X, Y
>     X = X2
>     Y= Y2
>     action = ACTION_POINTER_UP
>     ptrIndex = 1
>     ptrID = 1
>     numEvents = 2
>
> *** WHATWHAT?!?  I lifted finger 1 up, which should be ID 0,  why is
> ID 1 reporting that it goes up.  Also, why is it given data index 1,
> which I would assume should be finger 1's data, but the coordinates
> are still those of finger 2.  Yes, I have a headache too...

Again, when the up occurs, the motion event contains the points for the
finger going up as well as any other fingers that are currently down.

I am not going to respond in detail to the remaining stuff, because I can't
really understand what you are seeing due to not showing all of the data.  I
would also again please ask that you look at Pointer Location -- you should
 see when using it that the correct data is actually generated, and you can
look at the code to see how the different event transitions are processed.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.