Hi,

I have been trying to find a solution for this for the last 3 days but
i just failed hit a final answer!

I am creating a View-based class where i show a ball bouncing of the
sides. I use a Timer to control the animation.

I want to add a TextView programmatically in my view class. I am
trying to instantiate an object of TextView with reference to the
context as follows:

public class BouncingBallView extends View
{
public TextView textView;

public BouncingBallView(Context context)
{
        super(context);
        textView = new TextView(context);
        textView.setTextColor(Color.WHITE);
        textView.setText("test");
}

// Keep in mind that this is called periodically by using a Timer
@Override protected void onDraw(Canvas canvas)
{
        // This is not drawn
        textView.draw(canvas);

        // ball drawn correctly
       mBall.setBounds(mX, mY, mX+mBallWidth, mY+mBallHeight);
        mBall.getPaint().setStyle(Paint.Style.STROKE);
        mBall.getPaint().setColor(0xFFFF0000);
        mBall.getPaint().setStrokeWidth(5);
       mBall.draw(canvas);
        mBall.getPaint().setStyle(Paint.Style.FILL);
        mBall.getPaint().setColor(0xFFFFFFFF);
       mBall.draw(canvas);
}

I am trying to do this programmatically as i am not sure if i can do
it using xml since i alread have created my custom bouncingballview
and used it as the parameter for setContentView().

Can any one direct me of how to do this?
Sorry if this is a trivial question but i am still new to graphics
handling in Android... i come from Symbian background. If you do know
of a good introductory article to this topic please share it here.

Many thanks in advance
AF