Where's the documentation for using a URI intent with Google Maps? I assume
you're trying to use the Android Maps application instead of including a
MapActivity within your Android application. In the latter case, you can
write your own KML parser and ItemizedMapOverlay to get  the sample KML from
any source, but understandably, it would be easier to use exisitng code.