Hi,

We're trying to set up an ad-hoc WiFi network using our HTC Hero devices. We
would like the phones to communicate peer-to-peer to exchange information
without using an access point which may serve as a router.

I was wondering whether anybody on the list has tried something similar and
thus could direct us in the right direction or give us some suggestions on
where to find useful source code or library on the web.

Thanks in advance,

Emre

PS. Just to let you know, we've found the following website which is created by
David Gurecki for a school project;

http://moss.csc.ncsu.edu/~mueller/rt/rt09/readings/projects/g3/

The source code given on the site seems to work however it's very slow when
there's no access point and devices have to discover each other in order to
connect. I would also like to know if any of you have any experience with this
code or not.