Hy Frank,

I've done the tutorials, Mark's book, etc. Do you happen to know if there is
a way to utilize a single activity and.. sort of like ajax web apps, hide
one view and show another without starting another activity? I'm not a fan
of handling the various life cycle events for different activities. I've not
figured out yet if you absolutely must use different activities for
different views, or can you use a single activity and simply swap views as
needed? I ask this because it seems to me that at any point, the user may be
in any one of your activities.. and I hate the idea of having to implement
the pause/resume/create/start/destory methods for each and every activity. I
am curious what developers do in this regard. Do they actually copy/paste
their code into each method for all their activities.. of course putting
activity specific stuff where appropriate?  Seems to me using a single
activity as the main app lifecycle hook, and simply swapping views would
make it easier to manage life cycle events for the app in one place. Perhaps
I am lost on why it is necessary to have various activities.. my main
concern being duplication of the life cycle handling events depending on
where a user is within your app.

Thanks.