Hi,
I am downloading a xml-type file from a webserver which starts out
with :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

afterwards I get a list with loads of countries, some countries do
contain some letters like é and á.

I have tried to extract the data of the xml in two ways :
1 - simply download the whole thing into a String, which will result
in those characters being seen as something like [] or on the Android
emulator (and device) I will see a triangle with a ? in it...

2 - fetch the list with the SAXParser and XMLReader which will just
throw an exception telling me that there is some content error...
specifically at the line where the first country is with such a
character...

So is there some way to get this to work ? Can I read the iso-8859-1
encoded xml into the Parser ? Or is there some way to encode/decode
the received data into something actually usable ?
Any idea where the problem might be ?

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips, code or explanation :D