Thanks Bob,

the problem for me is that even I add a Exception breakpoint, and the
when the BP is hit, I still cannot get more information from it, there
is no ex variable I can evaluate. if you want to know what I mean, try
the following code in onCreate of an Activity class:

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        Log.i(TestActivity.class.toString(),"onCreate called");
        setContentView(R.layout.main);
        int b = 0;
        int a = 1/b; //ArithmeticException
        System.out.print(a); //just to get rid of warning.
    }

when the faulty line is hit, debugger stop at the line, but you don't
know what's in that exception, some exception classes carries more
information than the name indicates.