Hi,
I have a Service which needs to receive data from external packages.
So, to locate the data providing external packages, I use activity-
filter and PackageManager.queryIntentActivities function to locate the
interesting packages.
Now, from each such package, I need to get a ContentProvider URI.
So I want to start the external Activity and the external activity
will return a result to my service - something like
"startActivityForResult".
The problem is that there is no way to call "startActivityForResult"
from a Service, only Activity can do that, and my project does not
have any Activity, and probably can't show UI for the user.

The bottom line:
Can anyone suggest a way to get ContentProvider URI from an external
package, while my package has only a Service?

Thanks,
Menny.