Streets Of Boston wrote:
> Can i send you a debug version of my app to your e-mail address?

Well, to be honest, I'd rather you created a little sample project that
demonstrates the problem, so that:

1. You can post it to http://b.android.com (even though it may be a
Hero-specific problem, it's probably worthwhile to at least get people
thinking about it, and it's a good central spot for the issue at least
temporarily)

2. I *and others* can test it (remember, I have a pair of strange Hero
devices, so my tests may not be definitive; conversely, I can also test
on a Tattoo that doesn't have auto-focus) and experiment with your
IOException workaround

3. If we do reproduce the problem and determine it is indeed a Hero or
HTC thing, that we can get the project to HTC for analysis

I realize your goal is to just get your app working, but my goal is to
try to document and squash problems like this for everyone. Or at least
for the subset of everyone who reads this stuff.

So, if you can help us document the problem better, I can help you
determine if your fix will hold up.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Beginning Android_ from Apress Now Available!