MaTT wrote:
> Okay, great!
>
> So, if I needed to make changes to the existing database, would I need
> to perform any kind of "backup" of the old database?

If you use SQLiteOpenHelper to assist you, you will be notified when
your database schema differs from the schema your upgraded app wants to
use. Then, you will be able to use ALTER TABLE statements or temp tables
or whatever you want in order to modify your schema in-place in your
application.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Online Training: 26-30 April 2010: http://onlc.com