On 11 mar, 16:03, westmeadboy <westmead...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> If an app needs to download some critical data (without the data it
> cannot function) of several MB, what is the best practice?

I would use assets and ship that content with the app directly from
the market.
We are already used to wait after clicking the install button.

I mean, if your app can't do anything when you launch it, then it just
sounds like your app is shipped not complete and somehow it doesn't
fill right.

If your content is perishable and that's why you don't want to ship it
at install time, then maybe find a content that could be default and
interest your audience and make them read/interact with it while

Yahel