Tax issues depend largely on how their "shipping partners" ship the
item, and I don't think there are any of them reading this list :).

They might ship it from a EU / UK Warehouse. They may say it has 0
value as it's a free gift. They may pre-pay any taxes.

but at the end of the day a Nexus one for the price of import duty
isn't a bad deal :).

Al.