did you try to use RESULT_HIDDEN parameter for showSoftInput()
function?

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/inputmethod/InputMethodManager.html#RESULT_HIDDEN

I tried it but doesn't work, I only get notification that keyboard is
shown.
onSizeChanged() doesnt work for me (probably because I run on full
screen).