If you are looking for older devices, post a note in the device exchange (
exchange.andblogs.net) and see who pops up. (I'm swapping out my g1 soon
probably, and I'm sure other people are also.)

AFAIK the contributors seed doesn't require an app in the market. (And I
would hope they wouldn't exclude people for being in transition from
'community' to 'developer'..)