KevinYou just hit the nail on the head. Most of us are making applications
to make some extra money and if google is not going to allow developers to
do In-App Purchasing then we need a good alternate solution.

*PLEASE FOR THE ANDROID ENGINEERS ON HERE! *- If we can't do in-app
purchasing then ok. That's now it is. That what do we do for extra
functionality or virtual items for our app's that we want our users to buy
and download?
Is the only solution for us developers to add a new apk file on the Market
for any and all items that we want our app to download and use?
In my case my app is based on little characters. It comes with so many but I
want the users to buy and download new ones. I was going to do this via a
website but I am seeing now that I can't do that?
Now I am thinking that I need to bundle them up in an apk update and put
them on the market but as Kevin eluded to this will lead to many apk
"versions" on the market.

Is this want we need to do though?

I am wanting to fight one way or another but I need to know how to design my
application to provide this ability.

Thank you
-Chris