Hey all,

read that thread and the rest of this one. I agree with TreKing. Just do it
Chris. The language to me, and everyone else here is quite clear. All apps
distributed thru the market MUST pay the market. Cool.. fair enough.. but
there is nothing at all that describes in-game transactions that you code
yourself. Nothing at all. There is no place short of this thread and another
that tries to identify this issue and I am rather shocked as long as this
thread has been around nobody from google has responded. As TreKing said,
it's ambiguous, it's not nearly clear enough to say you can't do it. More
so, I can't help but wonder, how would google ever know anyway... short of
someone calling them up and saying that an app sold on the market is doing
in-game payments thru paypal or something.. and if that person can do that,
why can't we find some way to contact them to find this out.

Frankly, as I've said a few times, google would be out of their minds to try
to prevent this and if anything should really step up and provide a solid
built-in android payment capability that they can profit from. I said it
several times, I am ALL for giving google some of my in-game profits. They
deserve it if they are willing to support it by supplying the API that
handles the transactions. There has been plenty of articles about how long
can google sustain their financial status on ads only... this is clearly one
way they can make a crap load of money doing almost nothing (after all they
already have google checkout working and supported), and from the various
articles talking about how big micro transactions are going to be, and
already are, if Android itself balloons and catches up or surpasses iPhone
like various reports indicate, google could stand to make huge money off of
something like this. As well, it will provide a more stable income source
for developers utilizing it.

I liken this to themes. I have yet to get my 2.1 update on my droid..
supposedly sometime in 2012 or so we'll get it being 2+ months late
already... but, the "theme" market.. or live home screen market is sure to
explode as people create their own themes and sell them for .99 on the
market. I still don't get why google doesn't take a cut of all the apps sold
on the market while apple does.. I dont get it. But whatever.

Anyway, I plan on supporting this in my apps.. until I am told otherwise.