My experience was, I published it, went to my device, located it, and
downloaded it.

But I don't know if they have a distributed infrastructure that may
impose delays before it reaches everyone. I've noticed that it can
take a while for comments I posted from the Market app to actually
appear.

I maintain a comment to (1) try to direct people to contact me for
assistance rather than post problems -- HAH! and (2) mark in the
comments where any earlier comments are for earlier versions. So I was
a bit concerned at first, but my updated comment did show up in the
right place after a while.

My comment says:
"Please send any support reuests or problem reports to us at android-
supp...@sfsmart.com. We aim to give fast, quality support. NEWLY
UPDATED! 1.0.296"
(And I'll increment the version number every time I repost the
comment).

I'm hoping this will help.

Of course, this means I absolutely cannot reply via the comments, at
least not without another phone or account and a lot of hassle.

More on my thoughts and impressions at
http://bobkerns.typepad.com/bob_kerns_thinking/2010/03/meet-the-users.html
in a few minutes (I'm having a bad case of Chrome vs TypePad...)