I am using this in Android 1.x:

        final String[] proj = new String[] {
           Contacts.People._ID,
           Contacts.People.STARRED,
           Contacts.People.NAME
           };

        final String selection = null;
        Uri uri = Uri.parse("content://contacts/groups/system_id/"
                     + Groups.GROUP_MY_CONTACTS + "/members");

        Cursor people = context.getContentResolver().query(
                uri,
                proj,
                selection,
                null,
                Contacts.People.DEFAULT_SORT_ORDER);

and people who have contacts imported from Outlook are missing those
contacts.

Why is this so under-documented, with access provided through textual
URIs and database calls?

Can someone show me a definitive code blurb that gets all the contacts
in the Android contact panel and NOT those crufty pretend contacts?

Thanks in advance.

tone