Dmitri, thanks for this.  You might be right-- the user indicated an
HTC app (not Android, per se) did this sync for him.  I think I may
offer an option for including ALL contacts with a simple textual
filter on their display name in an effort to weed out the filth.  This
alternative mode would support people like this guy, I hope.

tone