I wouldn't hold your breathe there Brill.

If you do a search in this group on thread titled 'Countries for
selling priced applications in Android Market' you'll see that many
others 'were' asking this question back in August 2009 (and elsewhere
in this group). Google allowed nine countries to sell apps from Sep
2009 and nothing has changed in the 7 months since then.
My interest then 'was' in selling Android apps from Australia.

I approached an Australian Senator ('for the Digital Economy') to try
and see what was happening at Google on this issue (since they don't
answer such questions from mere mortals, or even from their own
collaborating developers) - but the answer the Senator got back with
was simple and the same: 'we are working on more countries'. Tim
O'Reilly got me an avenue to someone a bit further up the Google food
chain ... same simple non-committal answer came back to us: 'we are
working on more countries'.

If you are looking for a professional response to this sort of a
question, from a global company that knows something about application
developer relations in an international context, I recommend that you
look at what Sun/Oracle tell their International enquirers wrt the
same issue at the 'Java Shop', on the web-page here 'Java Warehouse
Developer Center - Supported Locations':

http://java.sun.com/warehouse/overview/locations.jsp

...the issues they cite there regarding seller countries are likely to
be the very same issues that Goggle would be facing with CheckOut and
Apps, iff they actually do intend to include more countries.

The fact the Google can't get a page of information like that to their
own enquiring Android developers, suggests to me that either: 1). They
are not an Internationally competent company when it comes to
collaborating with grass-roots developers; or, 2). They have no
intention of allowing developers from further countries to sell
Android apps (now that they have a critical mass of apps to compete
with iPhone).

Since you (and I) are not from the favored 9 countries, and since 7
months have passed, if you want to make some money from your Android
apps, you should release it for 'free' and simply embed advertising in
it ... as many other developers in this predicament are already doing.
Its also a 'great value' move for Android phone users.

(Btw if you look at Tim OReilly's recent blog on 'The State of the
Internet Operating System' -
http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/03/state-of-internet-operating-system.html
- a long but very good and insightful read, you will see that while he
cites iPhone, iPad and the App Store, he doesn't cite Android Market
in a 'selling apps' future (i.e. under the heading 'Access Control'),
but he does mention Google re Admob under the 'Advertising' aspect of
the Internet Operating System).

Cheers
Steve