On 9 April 2010 18:19, Gubatron <gubat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose when you say FilePart, you mean this
>
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.FilePart
>
> I'm thinking along these lines after looking at that API (I haven't
> tested this)
>
> final File theFile = new File("yourFileLargerThan2Mb.ext");
>
> //Implement your own PartSource to feed your File
> PartSource  partSource = new PartSource() {
>   //this should return a buffered reader... right?
>   public InputStream createInputStream() {
>      return BufferedInputStream (new FileInputStream(theFile));
>   }
>
>   //implement the other methods of the interface
>   public String getFileName() {
>     return theFile.getName();
>   }
>
>   public long getLength() {
>     return theFile.length();// although this might be how much is
> left on the stream, not sure.
>   }
>
> }
>
> FilePart part = FilePart(theFileName, partSource);
>
> then use your part on your multipart request.

Thanks. Constructing a FilePart from a File is actually as easy as this, I
think - but do you think your method would provide some advantage?

    File temp_file = new File(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory(),
 "myfile.gif");
    FilePart vFile = new FilePart("fileupload", temp_file);

As I say, this works for files of 50MB. The only reason I can't use it is
that I can't construct a File object from an Android content Uri. I have to
use an Android content Uri because that's what the video intent returns.