Bob Kerns wrote:
> I'm a bit puzzled why the other respondents didn't pick up this, maybe
> I missed something in the discussion?
>
> But anyway, the basic flaw in your strategy is reading it all into
> memory at once. There's no need to do so, and that is ALWAYS going to
> impose a limit on the size of file you can handle, on any platform.

I didn't miss it. OTOH, I was trying to scope my response into something
that didn't mess up the original plan too much and stuck to things I
knew worked with HttpClient. And, as previously noted, I'm short on
sleep. :-(

> That has the fatal drawback that the camera will be tied up, and
> possibly blocked, if the server is too slow -- which is likely.

I'm reasonably certain the Uri being handed back from the Intent will be
to a file handled by the MediaStore, not live off the camera.

> I wonder why the multipart stuff was left out of the SDK?

It's an oft-asked question with no known answer.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 2.x Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books