Hello,

when stop my Service i may have several Tasks in a Threadpool, some
may take some time. Is there any Documentation available how long the
onDestroy method is allowed to run without risk an ANR Dialog ?

As an example, theres what i played with:

        @Override
        public void onDestroy()
        {
                try
                {
                        Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Service#onDestroy");
                        //
                        if (threadPool != null)
                        {
                                threadPool.shutdown();
                        }

                        try
                        {
                                Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Service#onDestroy sleeps");
                                Thread.sleep(60 * 1000L);
                                Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Service#onDestroy sleep ends");
                        }
                        catch (Exception e)
                        {
                                e.printStackTrace();
                        }
                }
                catch (final SecurityException e)
                {
                        Log.e(LOG_TAG, "shutdown failed", e);
                }
                finally
                {
                        super.onDestroy();
                }

In some circumstances it can take lots of time before the task is
completed.
I can monitor that by using ThreadPoolExcecutor#awaitTermination but i
need a safe value for it.

best regards,
Jens