On 15 apr, 21:32, "~ TreKing" <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM, nickon <nickvanbae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the reason that this method is never called? Am I understanding the
> > activity lifecycle wrong?
>
> Not sure, but I've never used onStop or onRestart. I would use onPause and
> onResume.

> ----------------------
> TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered
> deviceshttp://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking

Those were the methods I used before, but those did not work either, I
believe the problem was that onResume() was never called. But will try
this again.

Maybe it has something to do with the structure of my program?
Normally when I switch back to my app I would say that the onResume or
onRestart etc HAVE to be called, but maybe they don't get focus or I
don't know (else I would not be posting here xD)

My app actually contains the following (important) classes:
tetris.java (the activity where I override on...() methods and where I
set my contentview to "gamescreen" which is a tetrisview)
tetrisview.java (the tetrisview class which extends SurfaceView)
tetristhread.java (the thread that draws onto the canvas of the
tetrisview)