Hey everyone,

I'm writing a Tetris application on Android for my bachelor thesis at
the University of Hasselt.
Currently I have a working Tetris base game, but it just keeps on
ticking when the activity gets in the background.

I'm trying to fix this by overwriting the onStop() and onRestart()
methods.
Here is what I do:

@Override
    public void onStop(){
        super.onStop();

        // Pause the game along with the activity
        ATetrisGame.getInstance().setMode(GameMode.PAUSE);
    }

@Override
    public void onRestart(){
        super.onRestart();
        ATetrisGame game = ATetrisGame.getInstance();

        // We are restoring a previously PAUSED game
        if(game.mode() == GameMode.PAUSE){
                ATetrisGame.getInstance().setMode(GameMode.ACTIVE);
        }
    }

So when I press my home button on my device I will go to my home
screen and onStop() is called. Because the gamemode is now "PAUSE",
the game wil not tick anymore.
But now, when I longpress my home button and select my tetris activity
again, the activity pops up, but it isn't ticking!
This is because the onRestart() is never called when I return to play
my application!

What is the reason that this method is never called? Am I
understanding the activity lifecycle wrong?

Thanx in advance guys!
Greetings,
Nick