Just make up your mind before hand.  I would recommend NOT using "copy
protection", but don't decide to after the fact, as you will cause
your installed user base all kinds of pain when their phones go
berserk after you switch it on.  It's not pretty.

I ultimately decided to go a different route, and simply validate that
my app was purchased (from within the app) using what we call
Automatic Application Licensing.  It's been working pretty well since
we implemented.  We've seen an increase in our sales and a decrease in
the disparity between pirated and purchased installs.  Not to mention,
pirates are now potential patrons.  If you want more info, see
www.keyeslabs.com.

I'm hoping along with everyone else that G is going to announce
upgrades to the market sometime soon that will make these issues go
away.  I'll be watching on Monday!  Rumors have some kind of market
announcement coming next week...

Dave