This is quite strange. Look inside your apk for the ID of the
resources that seemed to be missing (or if it's actually missing) and
match it with the R class.

To look at the compiled resources:

aapt dump resources <yourapp>.apk

aapt is in <sdk>/platforms/android-8/tools/

Xav

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Greg Giacovelli <miyamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah that was what I tried before posting. I did that like 3 times.
> The same APK works on 2.1 devices so it cannot be an inlining issue.
>
> I am sorry I know it's a vague error. The drawable in question is just
> a selector with dither equals true with 4 states inside of it. Nothing
> complicated but maybe it helps somewhere.
>
> -Greg
>
> On May 21, 2:17 pm, "Mark Murphy" <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
>> > I just built my app against the new SDK released yesterday and it
>> > seems to break when I run the app in my old 1.5 profile in regards to
>> > packaging assets.
>> > I haven't changed anything about my application and it ran on API 3 -
>> > 7. However just increasing that build to 8 seems to change something
>> > with the way assets are packed.  Here is a stack trace with the app
>> > trying to load a resource that it says it cannot fine. If I recompile
>> > the same code in the same workspace against API 8, it cannot find some
>> > of my drawables. Anything that seems wrong or is this a bug?
>>
>> Do a full rebuild of the project. In Eclipse, I think Project|Force Clean
>> does this. Outside of Eclipse, ant clean does this.
>>
>> Most likely, the resource IDs changed, but Java code that inlined those
>> resource IDs did not.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)http://commonsware.com
>> Android App Developer Books:http://commonsware.com/books.html
>>
>> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!