Hi everyone,

I need a little bit of help from some experts out there.

Currently I am developing an application that will stream video using RTP
and SIP. I have this mostly working with audio working fine both ways using
Java (and native) codecs. I can stream out video also from the camera to a
windows client.

The problem comes from when I want to receive and decode the video on the
android platform. I understand at this stage that Mediaplayer only supports
RTSP streams. Ironically it does what I need (by getting the SDP information
from using RTSP SETUP call and using that RTP/UDP information to receive the
stream). But I can't seem to access this functionality, all it takes as
input is a RTSP url. If you are unfamiliar the difference between RTSP using
RTP and SIP using RTP. You can read about the differences
here<http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtsp/faq.html#rtsp_sip>
.

What I need to do is take an RTP stream encoded with h.263-1998 and somehow
pass it to the mediaplayer (or even a lower level api if somebody can
provide an example).

The only way I can think around this is to write another service
to receive the RTP stream and provide an RTSP interface... but this is a
really ugly solution.

I would really appreciate if anybody could offer any help with this.

Kind regards,
Andy Savage

--
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that
will allow a solution"

Andy Savage
Cell Phone: +852 936 34341
Skype ID: andy_savage