Hi there,

I am working through this in a private discussion with another very helpful
user. Essentially it seems that at this stage the only way to get an RTP
stream to work is a couple of hacks:

A) Wrap it as an RTSP stream.
Basically need a client/server architecture, perhaps another little service
running in the background to buffer the RTP data (perhaps write to file?)
and then respond to appropriate RTSP commands.

I havn't tested this but theoretically it should work.

B) Write the data to two files. For example each file contains 1 second of
data. Write file, close file (thus the file gets timing information and lock
is released) open the file with mediaplayer and play. Meanwhile open another
file to write information to that. When mediaplayer finished with file 1,
get it to play file 2. Meanwhile write information to file 1 again. And keep
looping.

This is horribly resource intensive, but should produce an okay video (so I
hear). Although syncing information for this difficult (impossible?).

That's for streaming in. If your looking for information about streaming out
you should see the Sipdroid code VideoCamera.java where they implement a
'write to file', 'open file and stream' method. It produces a jerky but
reasonable video quality.

--
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that
will allow a solution"

Andy Savage
Cell Phone: +852 936 34341
Skype ID: andy_savage