Hi,

I don't think that this will happen any time soon for you in
Singapore. Google is living on ads and few months ago Google bought
AdMob for 750 million dollars. It it not in their interest to improve
paid apps after they invested so much money in mobile advertising.

Last year Google said that they will give us list of countries that
will get paid apps... but it is more than a year and still almost
nothing. There were some rumors that paid apps will come to Sweden at
the end of Q1 2009, then that it will come in october 2009, then that
it will come in Q1 2010 but nothing. Many people ask questions about
that on so called Help forum for Android Market but nobody from Google
is answering even if some people asked for more than a year.

People that were on Google IO got 100 dollars checks to use with
Adwords/Adsense (friend that was there told me about that). It looks
like that Google prefer adds... I hope that I am wrong.