What makes me crazy about Amir's vision:

1) Not all applications as suitable for AdSupported business model. I
can't imagine how Home Screen widgets can be paid from Ads. There is
too small space where to show ads that I believe it is impossible.

2) I can imagine applications where Ad Supported is most efficient way
how to monetize your app via Ads - social networks, references,
location based apps. Not many apps on AM can't use this business
model.

3) According my friends revenue from Ads is currently very low. I can
imagine that somebody pays one or two bucks for my widget but I can't
imagine how many adds I have to display to get two bucks. How long
time I have to wait until initial investment to Android Dev Phone and
Android Market Entry fee returns back? And what is worse I have to buy
another phone as my current Android Dev Phone 1 is currently
antiquated and Froyo will probably never be at this phone.

4) In my country (Czech Republic) there is necessary additional
bureaucracy to be AdSense member. Even if earn 1 USD per month I have
to sign on as VAT payer with quarterly reports to government and quite
complicated administrative. This is our local specific but it may be
in other countries too. This is the reason that I can't even try
AdSense in my app.

5) So only viable way how to monetize my apps is to develop
alternative licencing method (licence keys paid via PayPal). This has
disadvantages for both me and Google. I have to spend time on non
productive work instead of improving my app. Every other developer has
to reinvent similar wheel. Money transfer fees goes to PayPal instead
of Google. There is no commission for Google. This business model may
violate current (and future) application content guidelines. I have to
solve somehow situation that Google prohibits this licencing model in
future but I have to be fair to users that already paid. Etc.

I hope that Google understands concerns mentioned here and they will
open paid applications to the world.

Tom