I am trying to use ListView and ListAdapter.  If I create a simple
Android project and add a ListView as the content view, and set it's
adapter to my adapter based on ListAdapter, everything seems to work.
My ListAdapter's 'getCount' is called, and I return 3, my
'getViewTypeCount' is called and I return 1, my 'getItemType' is
called and I return 0, and for each item, my 'getView' is called and I
return a TextView.  Everything works, and the list is displayed with 3
items.

Now if I try and do the same thing in a more complicated environment,
it does not work.  My 'getCount', 'getViewTypeCount' and 'getItemType'
methods are called, but the 'getView' method is never called and the
ListView appears empty.

Now I know that I must be doing something wrong in the more
complicated case, but I cannot see what it is. The code is really too
involved to post here, but I was hoping that someone could give me
some ideas as to why my 'getView' is never called even though I return
3 from my 'getCount' method.

Thanks.