Thanks for the reply, I was afraid of that.  I am writing a c++
wrapper for the Java.  In the environment I am talking about, the
ListView is created via a call from a c++ module.  However, on the
Java side, I can see the ListView and it's adapter being created.  I
can see calls to the adapter, and as I said, I get a call to the
getCount and I can see that it returns 3.  I get calls to the other
methods I mentioned, and they all return the appropriate numbers.
However, the getView method is never called at all, and the list
appears empty.

Thanks.