Ow. Yeah, that would not be friendly to shortcuts. And I also see how
alternative installers work, too, now that I looked into it. It
appears that what I want to do would require an app downloading an
"update" of itself and installing it in order to show a different set
of launcher icons, and that's just not worth it to change the look of
one icon on the fly.