I would agree that the bug tracker needs more developers looking at
it, and this was mentioned at Google IO during one of the discussions.

However, I have to say the bugs I have reported have been assigned and
fixed promptly, but my bugs have mostly been minor, and weren't
feature changes.

But I still agree the Google needs to improve their response to bugs,
and for their developers to ignore, OR outright refuse without reason
changes. For example, one suggested change I found earlier today[1]
was replied with "Thanks for the feedback, but this behavior is
working as intended.", when the bug was about extending the behaviour
to make it far more useful.

Andrew

[1] http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=665